How do I upgrade ggLeap with PXE server?
Many ggLeap customers utilize a PXE boot server setup for game updates.
To update the ggLeap version through your PXE server, follow the steps below.
Please note that the steps below may work for most PXE solutions.
There may be others that will require a different way to update the ggLeap client version.
1. Set one of your PCs into super client mode/enable keep writeback, note the PC number/name.
2.On the Dashboard, click the three dots [Ellipsis] button on the rightmost side of the client PC that is on super client, then select Settings > Change client version.
3. The page will redirect to ggLeap version settings
4. The machine that was selected before is automatically selected.
5. Click on the Change Version Button, and select the desired version and click apply
6. Allow the super client PC to fully upgrade to the next ggLeap version. Once the PC gets to the ggLeap login screen and you have verified in the lower center side of the screen that it has the correct version, then you can turn off the PC and remove super client status, and save the image/apply the writeback.
7. Now select the other machines that are in the OS image, and do the same from step 5.
It is important to select the same client version as the one applied in the superclient.
Selecting a different client version will result to PCs going into boot loop.
It is recommended to turn off the other machines that are not in superclient mode before updating them, so the client update will not be triggered on them anymore.
Version page can also be accessed from Settings > Client Configuration > Version
Required Employee Permission: Can update client version