Table of Contents
Required Time: 10 Minutes
Description: Prepare installation media for the Debian 10 OS installation.
Prepare Installation Media
1. Download the Recommended Debian 10 OS Installer.
2. Download the Recommended Rufus Utility.
Optionally, you may elect to burn the ISO image to a CD, bypassing the need
for the Rufus tool and its requisite flash drive.
3. Obtain a USB flash drive at least 512 Megabytes in size.
All contents of the flash drive will be erased, please back up any important
data stored within.
4. Launch the Rufus tool, utilizing the following settings:
Device: Select the drive letter assigned to your USB flash drive
Boot selection: Select the downloaded Debian Linux ISO
Persistent partition size: 0 (No persistence)
Partition scheme: MBR
Target system: BIOS or UEFI
Volume label: debian
FIle system: Fat32 (Default)
Cluster size: 4096 bytes (Default)
5. Click the "START" button to write the ISO image to the flash drive.