After a new installation of ggRock 0.1.853, upon logging into ggRock the first time:
The ggRock Change Password screen is briefly displayed, but not long enough to set the new password.
1. Install the previous release of ggRock (0.1.761) by issuing the following command:
apt-get install ggrock=0.1.767.0-1
2. Log into ggRock with the user account you wish to bind to the installation.
3. Change the password, as required.
4. Observe successful login to the product
5. Click the "Updates" link at the top-right of the ggRock page
6. Click the "Update" button to update to the latest release (0.1.853 as of the writing of this article)