ggRock installation requires a set-up server. Provided there are no issues during the installation process it shouldn’t take more than 2 hours.
Visit ggRock Hardware Requirements and Recommendations if you have questions about hardware.
- Your server should be connected to the Internet
- Your LAN should have a DHCP server set up and functional. Most likely it's already turned on your internet router. ggRock at the time does not have a DHCP server and works in proxy mode
- There should be only one PXE server in any given LAN segment - ggRock
- You don't use any management features in your network gear and don't configure settings 66 and 67 for PXE boot
In order to install and set up ggRock we would need to complete following steps:
Installation Special cases
These articles expand on the special cases that you might face or chose to be a part of during the installation process, depending on your goals.
- Debian OS Installation special case, step 5 - Configure network
- Debian OS Installation special case, step 11 - Install Debian to a RAID array
- Import ccBoot OS Disk (Coming)
- Import ccBoot Games Disk (Coming)
- Configure ggRock Array with NAS (In backlog)
Completing these steps is not mandatory and can be done after ggRock is installed and configured.