ggRock installation requires a set-up server. Provided there are no issues during the installation process it shouldn’t take more than 2 hours.
Visit ggRock Hardware Requirements and Recommendations if you have questions about hardware.
- Your server should be connected to the Internet.
- Your LAN should have a DHCP server set up and functional. Most likely it's already turned on your internet router. ggRock at the time does not have a DHCP server and works in proxy mode.
- There should be only one PXE server in any given LAN segment - ggRock.
- You don't use any management features in your network gear and don't configure settings 66 and 67 for PXE boot.
- Spanning tree should NOT be enabled for the LAN segment ggRock and clients are on.
Warning: All of these prerequisites have to be met before proceeding to the Installation phase
In order to install and set up ggRock we would need to complete following steps:
Installation Special cases
These articles expand on the special cases that you might face or chose to be a part of during the installation process, depending on your goals.
- Debian OS Installation special case, step 5 - Configure network
- Debian OS Installation special case, step 11 - Install Debian to a RAID array
- Import ccBoot OS Disk (Coming)
- Import ccBoot Games Disk (Coming)
- Configure ggRock Array with NAS (In backlog)
Completing these steps is not mandatory and can be done after ggRock is installed and configured.